On Monday, June 11th from 6-8 p.m. come meet McKinney Youth Theatre's newest director, Peg Waldschmidt, at Heard Craig Hall, 306 N. Church St.
Peg has been a Vocal Coach, Musical Theatre Director, Theatre Director, Accompanist and Choreographer since 1980. She has a Masters Degree in Music and a Minor in Theatre with specialties in Musical Theatre and has taught for over 25 years. Her students are currently featured in roles on Broadway, National Tours, Off Broadway, TV series, Cruise Lines, Theme Parks, and local artists in the Dallas area. Peg has personally performed professionally through out the Midwest and Dallas area and continues to pursue her craft.Absolute Artiste is Peg's business and she has a passion for mentoring students in music and drama.
Peg has a MFA in Music Education/Performance Emphasis from Wichita State and a BFA from Fort Hays State University.
Her awards include:
· Work of the Heart Teaching Award-2008 and 2009
· 1ST place Show Stoppers Competition in Chicago - 1988
· 2nd place Show Stoppers Competition in San Diego - 2001
· 1st place Solo competition in Show Stoppers in San Diego - 2001
· Choirs consistently rated "1" in UIL competition
Peg teaches voice through her Absolute Artiste Voice/Acting Studio and at Plano Children's Theatre. Her body of work includes the Theatre Director of St. John Paul II High School, and Choral / Drama Director-2003-2005 St. Monica's Catholic School, Dallas, Texas.
Her professional theatre credits include:
· MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG, GUSSIE Theatre Three
· SIX WOMEN WITH BRAIN DEATH, SOPRANO, HUMAN RACE/DAYTON, OH
· SIX WOMEN WITH BRAIN DEATH, SOPRANO, CINCINATTI/REP
· GUYS AND DOLLS, SARA, DAYTON PLAYHOUSE
· PLAY IT AGAIN SAM, VANESSA, CROWN UPTOWN
· LAS VEGAS REVIEW, SINGER, CROWN UPTOWN
· I'VE GOT OTHER FISH TO FRY, NELLIE, COWTOWN MELODRAMAS
· STEPPIN OUT, VERA, WICHITA MUSIC THEATR
David Turnell, MYT alum, and current Pittsburgh Ballet Dancer will also be choreographing several numbers for the Broadway Spectacular production.
If you are interested in auditioning for a solo or a duet, bring a prepared musical theatre piece and a CD to accompany you. All students enrolled will be part of the eight performances the weekends of September 28-October 5th.
For more information about PCT/ MYT, click here.